"Understanding and Using DNA Test Results," Thomas H. Shawker ($$).
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR GENEALOGICAL STUDIES (NIGS):
NIGS (based in Toronto) offers basic eight-week online classes taught by renowned instructors for $99. For each class, a new session starts about once a month as given in the drop-down list for each individual class. The overall course list is at
 "DNA: Autosomal DNA - Testing for Everyone," Shannon Combs-Bennett
 "DNA: Introduction to Genetic Genealogy," Diahan Southard
 "DNA: Tracing Maternal and Paternal Lines," Shannon Combs-Bennett
Courses in genetic genealogy are offered every year at several week-long institutes. There are prerequisites for advanced courses.
BLOGS AND ONLINE LESSONS:
- 23andMe. 23andMe Blog. https://blog.23andme.com/
- Aulicino, Emily. DNA-Genealem's Genetic Genealogy. https://genealem-geneticgenealogy.blogspot.com/.
- Bartlett, Jim. Segment-ology. https://segmentology.org/.
- Bettinger, Blaine. The Genetic Genealogist https://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/.
- Christmas, Shannon. Through the Trees. https://throughthetreesblog.tumblr.com/.
- Dowell, David R. Dr. D Digs Up Ancestors. http://blog.ddowell.com/.
- Estes, Roberta. DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy. https://dna-explained.com/.
- Family Tree DNA. Family Tree DNA Help Center. https://help.familytreedna.com/hc/en-us.
- Family Tree DNA. Family Tree DNA Learn More. https://help.familytreedna.com/hc/en-us/categories/1500001429661-Learn-More.
- ISOGG. "Genetic genealogy blogs." ISOGG wiki. https://www.isogg.org/wiki/Genetic_genealogy_blogs.
- Kennett, Debbie. Cruwys News. https://cruwys.blogspot.com/.
- Lacopo, Michael. Hoosier Daddy?. http://roots4u.blogspot.com/.
- Owston, Jim. The Lineal Arboretum. http://linealarboretum.blogspot.com/.
- Perkins, Steven. On-line Journal of Genetics and Genealogy. https://jgg-online.blogspot.com/.
- Russell, Judy G. The Legal Genealogist. https://www.legalgenealogist.com/.
- Walker, Rebecca. Solving Genealogy Puzzles with DNA. http://genealogypuzzlesdna.blogspot.com/.
- Wayne, Debbie Parker. Deb's Delvings in Genealogy. https://debsdelvings.blogspot.com/.
GENETIC GENEALOGY VIDEOS
from the syllabus for “Practical Genetic Genealogy”:
·  Blaine T. and Debbie Parker Wayne. Genetic Genealogy in Practice. Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 2016.
·  Bettinger, Blaine T., The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy. Cincinnati, Ohio: Family Tree Books, 2016.
Older Books (may not be up-to-date):
- Aulicino, Emily D. Genetic Genealogy: The Basics and Beyond. Bloomington, Ind.: AuthorHouse, 2013.
- Dowell, David R. NextGen Genealogy: The DNA Connection. n.p.: Libraries Unlimited, 2014.
- Kennett, Debbie. DNA and Social Networking: A Guide to Genealogy in the Twenty-first Century. Gloucestershire, UK: The History Press, 2011.
- Smolenyak, Megan Smolenyak, and Ann Turner. Trace Your Roots with DNA. Emmaus, Penn., Rodale Press, 2004.
In addition to the books above, the following provide insight into the use of DNA to identify family:
- Griffeth, Bill. The Stranger in My Genes: A Memoir Hardcover. Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2016.
- Hill, Richard. Finding Family: My Search for Roots and the Secrets in My DNA. n.p.: self-published, 2012.
This page was contributed by Sharon L. Brevoort, Dec 2017. Blog information courtesy of Genetic Genealogy in Practice.
Updated: 16 Mar 18 JET; 14 Jan 20 tds; 1/23/23 SLB